Whether you’re booked in for foot reflexology, pregnancy reflexology or a holistic sculpting facial, in the comfort of your own home or in my East Dulwich treatment room, there are a few things you can do to really make sure you get the most out of your session….
Here are a few things you can do to maximise the benefits of your treatment.
- Book your treatment on a day when you’ve got no plans afterwards so you don’t feel rushed. Give yourself as much time as you need to relax and stay in that floaty, zen, post-treatment state for as long as possible.
- Don’t worry about unshaved legs, unpedicured feet and unwashed hair; none of it matters and none of it should stop you relaxing and enjoying every second of your treatment.
- Answer any emails or messages that are hovering over you, write down anything you need to remember and you’re worried you’ll forget and then turn off your phone so you can be present and calm.
- Tell me what you need… This is your time and your treatment so let me know if you want music or silence, windows open or closed, candles, extra blankets, a space to share and offload.
- Wear something warm and comfy that you can relax in. For foot reflexology it is best to have something that can be rolled up to bare your lower legs. For facials try and avoid polo necks or collars and remove your make-up and jewellry.
- After your treatment make sure you stay hydrated and be aware of how you’re feeling physically and emotionally for a day or two after the session. Eat something nourishing and be grateful that you managed to carve out this time for yourself.
And please never apologise for falling asleep or snoring, I am honestly overjoyed every time someone feels relaxed enough to doze off!